You can browse the public areas of the Site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you give us your personal information, you are no longer anonymous to us. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers.
We may collect and store the following personal information:
- email address, physical contact information, and financial information, such as credit card numbers (if applicable), you provide to us at checkout in order to purchase products;
- transactional information based on your activities on the Site (such as product orders and content you generate or content that relates to your user account);
- shipping, billing and other information you provide us to receive products or services;
- correspondence through the Site, and correspondence sent to us;
- computer sign-on data, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the Site, and ad data;
- other information, including IP address and standard web log information; and
- supplemental information from third parties. (For example, if information you provide cannot be verified, we may ask you to send us additional information (such as driver license, credit card statement, and/or a recent utility bill or other information confirming your address or transaction with a business), or to answer additional questions online to help verify information.)
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies (such as demographic data) to improve and personalize our products and services. If you don’t wish to receive marketing communications from the Site, simply contact [our marketing department] via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and opt-out.
Our Use of Your Information:
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customized Site and online ordering experience. You agree that we may use your personal information to:
- fulfill product orders you place;
- provide the services and customer support you request;
- resolve disputes, collect fees for products you order or services you request, and troubleshoot problems;
- prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- customize, measure, and improve our products, services and the Site’s content and layout;
- tell you about targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your preferences; and
- compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
Our Disclosure of Your Information:
We may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone’s rights, property, or safety.
We may also share your personal information with:
- service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as order fulfillment, credit card processing, fraud investigations and bill collection);
- other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information;
- law enforcement or other governmental officials, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity (in such events we may disclose name, city, state, telephone number, email address, user history, fraud complaints, content history, and other information requested by law enforcement);
We are very sensitive to children’s privacy issues. HH Technologies encourages parents and guardians to supervise their children’s online activities and consider using parental control tools available from online services and software manufacturers. These tools can prevent children from disclosing their name, address, and other personal information online without parental consent. It is our policy that visitors under 13 years of age should not submit any information on the Site. Further, your account may be deleted and/or terminated without warning if: (i) we believe that you are under 13 years of age, (ii) we believe that you are under 18 years of age and you represent your age as 18 or older, or (iii) we believe you are over 18, and you represent yourself as under 18.
We use “cookies” (small files placed on your hard drive) on certain pages of the Site to help analyze our web page flow, customize our services, measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety.
Here are a few important things you should know about cookies:
- Most cookies are “session cookies,” meaning that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive at the end of a session.
- You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of the Site.
- You may encounter cookies from third parties on certain pages of the Site that we do not control. (For example, if you view a web page or advertisement created by another user or third party, there may be a “cookie” placed by that web page or advertisement.)
Your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers, letters, and special characters, and do not disclose your polarcool.net password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify HH Technologies and change your password.
Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Information:
You can see, review and change most of your personal information by logging into the Site. Generally, we will not manually modify your personal information because it is very difficult to verify your identity remotely. You must promptly update your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate. Many of the activities on this Site require a current e-mail address, and product orders also require a current, accurate shipping address. You are responsible for maintaining current, accurate information. We will not be responsible or liable for any rejected e-mails (whether undeliverable, blocked, sent to a no longer current address or otherwise). We do retain personal information from closed accounts in order to comply with law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, and take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
Your information is stored on our servers located in the United States. We treat data as an asset that must be protected and use many tools (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.
Unless otherwise stated, all prices are quoted in U.S. Dollars. You are responsible for paying all fees and applicable taxes associated with your orders or requests on the Site in a timely manner with a valid payment method. If your payment method fails we may collect fees owed using other collection mechanisms. (This includes charging other payment methods on file with us, retaining collection agencies and legal counsel.)
We cannot guarantee continuous or secure access to our services, and operation of the Site may be interfered with by numerous factors outside of our control. THIS SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN AS-IS BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. Accordingly, we EXPRESSLY exclude AND YOU EXPRESSLY WAIVE all EXPRESS, implied, OR STATUTORY warranties, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, hh technologies DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES FOR THE SECURITY, AVAILABILITY, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS, ACCURACY AND PERFORMANCE OF CONTENT INCLUDED ON THE SITE AND ANY WARRANTIES THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR VIRUS-FREE. WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITY RELATING TO THE SITE AND THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL hh technologies BE LIABLE TO ANY USER ON ACCOUNT OF THE USER’S USE OR MISUSE OF AND RELIANCE ON THIS SITE OR INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN. SUCH LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO PREVENT RECOVERY OF DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY AND PUNITIVE DAMAGES (EVEN IF hh technologies HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES). SUCH LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY WHETHER THE DAMAGES ARISE FROM USE OR MISUSE OF OR RELIANCE ON THIS SITE OR INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN OR FROM THE INTERRUPTION, SUSPENSION OR TERMINATION THEREOF. We are not liable for any loss of money, goodwill, or reputation, or any special, indirect, or consequential damages arising out of your use of our Site. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of warranties or exclusion of damages, so such disclaimers and exclusions may not apply to you.
Regardless of the previous paragraph, if we are found to be liable as a result of the Site, our liability to you or to any third party is limited to the [greater of (a) the total amounts you actually paid to us for orders through the Site in the 12 months prior to the action giving rise to the liability], or (b) $100. No claim, action, suit or liability shall be brought against HH Technologies more than one year after the earliest to occur of (i) your last use of the Site, or (ii) the time the claim arises. The foregoing time period shall not operate to extend any applicable statute of limitations on such claim.